Winter Hair Tips
Get your hair geared up for the winter! With the days getting colder, and the air becoming drier, we have to take extra precautions with our hair. Most of us want growth and all of us strive to have healthy hair, therefore we have to work hard to get it! We can no longer stick to the “same ol’ same ol’” when it comes to managing our hair, because if we do, we get the same old results. Below are some quick tips to keeping your hair together for the winter!
Protect the Hair
- Protective styles such as Buns, Twists, Bantu Knots, Pin-Ups, Braids, Wigs/Sew-Ins, etc. are a great way to retain length and avoid potential damage from the weather.
Moisturize and SEAL
- Invest in a Good Moisturizer – Most say ditch the glycerin (a humectant) because of its ability to draw moisture out of the hair into the dry air during winter months. Try a good water/aloe based moisturizer.
- Moisturize your hair often to avoid the cold air drying it out
- Seal the ends with a good natural oil. Castor oil, Coconut oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil are examples of a few.
Beware of the Big Bad Wolf Wool!
- Invest in satin lined hats and hair accessories; the wool ones will surely take your hair out.
- Our beloved wool peacoat collars will snatch out the hair as well, so keep the hair away from it by pinning it up or wearing a scarf.
- Continue to do those weekly Deep Conditioning Treatments
- Keep co-washing if you wish.
Overall ladies (and gents) tweak your hair routines and techniques a bit if you wish. Along with the weather, it is a good idea to change our regimens up as well. The hair will thank you for it every time! Happy Healthy Hair Growing!Show
- hairstyles for winter
- glycerin for hair growth
- moisturizing black hair during the winter months
- winter getting colder
- winter hair tips
- glycerin and black hair
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.