Shelby from Philadelphia, PA asked:
I seem to have lots of breakage since my first relaxer. What are some anti-breakage techniques for my relaxed hair?
As you have learned, Shelby, because your hair has been permanently altered with a harsh chemical, it becomes a task to keep your hair healthy and strong. The good news is that you have taken the first step in keeping your hair on your head, seeking advice. As I always say, knowledge is power, and that is equally true in our healthy hair journeys.
There are some steps that you can take to ensure that your relaxed hair doesn’t break and shed.
- Deep condition weekly. I suggest at least for an hour.
- Use a protein conditioner when your hair shows signs of damage or breakage to restore health and strength.
- Wear a satin bonnet or scarf to sleep at night. The pillowcase causes breakage. A satin case would do as well.
- Drink lots of water. Hydration is key to keeping hair moisturized.
- Moisture is key for healthy hair, so moisturize and seal as needed.
- Wear protective hairstyles so that your hair doesn’t rub against your clothing and break off.
- Avoid harsh brushing.
- Detangle properly. Detangling 101
- Avoid over-usage of shampoos. Co-washing is an excellent option!
Follow these easy tips to avoid breakage. I assure you that these tips will prove effective for you!Show
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.